Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 January 2012

Who walks with you in your Life?

There are times when the only place to be is on your knees in prayer, because you know there is no other place to go. Not the best option on a wet and windy night walking the streets of Acton. I just called out in prayer and kept walking imagining I was on my knees. Later in the evening my 18 year old son and I were looking at old photo's from before he was born - right up to the present date, a period stretching 30 years. Lots of events, weddings, holidays, births, adventures, laughter, tears. I began to notice 'people' who had been there through my life, but who did not really have to be, by that I mean they were not related to me. One person was John, not a family member but someone who came into my life with his wife Jenny when I was quite young, they were sunday school teachers and youth leaders - living out the Kingdom of God in their lives. John and Jenny are still there - very good friends, there at many events throughout my life, good times and bad. I sat and thanked God for others who had been there too. But most of all I sat and realised that my GOD had been there too and has sustained me and will sustain me through all things. I reaised how important those special friends were but how much GOD wants us to notice he is there so we can keep pace with him. Present your requests to GOD with thanksgiving and allow his peace to come, removing the fever of fear, anxiety and doubt. Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment