Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 January 2012

On being outrageous - Flying on wings like Eagles

Outrageous -  I have particularly come to like the word outrageous this year - I have this inner desire to be outrageous, is it my coming of age and the fact that I am going to be 50 very soon? Just how this outrageousness will take shape I do not know, all the things I think about that could be termed as even slightly outrageous for me do not have the slightest appeal. So maybe being Outrageous for God is the best solution. Maybe the feeling that I am 50 now will allow me to speak about my faith in ways I have never felt authorised to do before, so watch out!
 I have been reading Mark 2: 1-12. It seems that Jesus was being very outrageous and upsetting the "religious leadership" of the day by healing and forgiving sins. The religious leadership who should have recognised Jesus, did not, they thought he was too ordinary and insignificant to be God, in fact they thought who was he to heal and forgive sins. It got me wondering about how we see God - how often do we have our own ideas of how, why and when he will come and what he will do. What little boxes do we compartmentalise him in? So BE OUTRAGEOUS today let God out of all the little boxes you have organised him into - let God be free to really reign in your life, to fulfil all those things he has the power and the authority to do. Then you will 'Fly on wings like an Eagle.' Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with winds like eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment